Michael Cera, Jonah Hill, Lukas Haas and more in NYC

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
Joresky

Michael Cera, Jonah Hill, Lukas Haas and more in NYC

Post by Joresky » January 27th, 2014, 1:37 pm

This past Saturday I took a day and night trip to New York City to meet some celebrities. It was very cold and even snowed for a little while during the afternoon. The first celebrity I went to meet was actor Jake Epstein who was in the TV show Degrassi: The Next Generation. I got to the spot around 12:45 and Jake arrived around 1:20 or so. I was the only person waiting to meet him and he signed my two DVD covers and posed for a selfie no problem. :howcoolisthat: Jake was super friendly and even shook my hand and thanked me for coming. I wish all celebrities could be this nice. Next I went to meet actress Rebecca Hall from Iron Man 3 and Closed Circuit. At this point it was snowing out but I was bundled up and it didn't prevent me from trying anyway. After about 20 minutes of waiting I see the back door of the building open and Rebecca and one other guy walk out. I was the only one standing there trying to meet her and I approach her and ask for a photo. She does it no problem... the guy with her even takes my photo for me which was very cool. :yes: She signed my Closed Circuit blu ray cover too. I wanted to meet three other lower names who were supposed to be at the spot too but I didn't see anyone else walk out. Unfortunately with this particular spot there is a front and back door so there is only a 50/50 chance of even seeing the actors. The other actors at the spot that I wanted to meet are Ashley Bell (The Last Exorcism, The Marine 3), Morgan Spector and Michael Cumpsty. After waiting a while and seeing nobody else come out I gave up and went to my next spot. Next I went to meet actress Annie Potts but never saw her come out... not to fear though, I would have another opportunity later in the day. After this I took a break from the cold and grabbed some pizza and then went to hang out with a friend. We hung out in a nearby hotel to stay warm and tried to conserve our energy for later when we would need to wait in the cold again.

A few hours later I went back to the spot where I met Rebecca Hall to try to meet the other three actors. Unfortunately I didn’t see anyone come out so I’m thinking maybe they used the front door to exit. At least I got to meet Rebecca Hall earlier in the day and she was my top want at that particular spot. Next I went to meet actress Annie Potts again. I got a photo with actor Matthew James Thomas who was in the movie Billy Elliott and who is mostly known for his stage work. After a very long wait the security guards at the spot told us it would be even longer and everyone else left except for me and my friend. It was pretty obvious she was waiting for all the fans to leave before she left the spot which shocked me because I figured she would be easy to meet. About ten minutes after the guy said “she would be a while” she comes out and I approach her for a photo and autographs. She takes a photo no problem and signs my Ghostbusters DVD and program. :yes: My friend gets a photo as well. I was very happy to meet her because Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies. After this I hurry to the next spot to meet comedian Kevin Nealon again. I had met him in the past but wanted a better photo with him and I brought a book that he wrote to get signed. As soon as I arrived at the spot the crowd was leaving the spot. I walked downstairs and waited in the lobby. After about ten minutes of waiting me and my friend spot Kevin. I approach him and ask him to sign my book and I get a photo op with him as well. :howcoolisthat: The photo came out much better than last time, mostly because the lighting was better and the camera I currently have is much better than the previous one.

After we met Kevin we went to the next spot. We had a bit of trouble finding the last spot but were able to find where it was from someone we know. We arrived at the last spot for the evening a bit late because we couldn’t find the address right away but at least it wasn’t terribly far away. By the time we arrived at the spot everyone was inside already unfortunately. The only celebrities who I knew would be at the spot were Jonah Hill and the band Bastille. We found out that actor Leonardo DiCaprio was in the building but I tried not to get too excited because I’ve tried to meet DiCaprio before and it was a very hard photo op to get. I actually had a Critters four movie DVD on me because I brought it for another actor to sign (who apparently wasn’t there anyway). DiCaprio was the first celebrity to leave the spot and was walking very quickly and with security. Unfortunately, he ignored our photo and autograph requests and headed straight to his car. :WHAT22: :depressed: Last time I saw him over the summer I succeeded in getting an autograph from him but I hear its incredibly hard to get a photo op but sometimes people are successful. The next celebrity who leaves the spot is actor Lukas Haas and I ask him for a photo op. He does it no problem. :howcoolisthat: This was a very cool score for me because I liked him in some 90s and 80s movies hes in. The third actor who leaves the spot is actor Ethan Suplee who I already had a photo op with. Someone else asks him for a photo op but he says he doesn’t have time because there are people waiting on him. Lukas and Ethan both get in the same car as Leonardo… those guys are all best friends. Its really unfortunate that Leonardo couldn’t stop for only four of us especially since he was just waiting in the car for a few minutes for his two friends to come out. Next we spot Dan Smith, the lead singer of the band Bastille who walked outside to smoke a cigarette. When he is finished smoking I approach him for a photo op and the security guard who is with him says make it quick and no autographs. :like: I get the photo with him… unfortunately my hair looks a mess in the picture because I was wearing a stocking hat to keep warm… maybe in hindsight I should have left the hat on because my hair looks very disheveled. About twenty minutes later he came out again and we ask him for autographs and he does it no problem. I had him sign my Bastille CD that just came out and he insisted on personalizing it which I had no issue with. About thirty minutes later I see actor Michael Cera come out and hang out with a couple friends outside. I am a huge fan of Ceras and had never seen him before so I approach him and tell him im a huge fan of his work. I then ask him for a photo op and he does it no problem. :yes: Surprisingly Cera hangs outside for about 10 minutes chatting with a few people. I could have easily gotten an autograph too but I had nothing on me to get signed since I didn’t know he was going to be there. My favorite Michael Cera movies are Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Superbad, Juno and This Is the End. After this we wait a while and it is super cold and late. We spot actor Jonah Hill coming out and we approach him. I already had a photo op with him so I asked him for an autograph first and he signs my “Get Him to the Greek” blu ray cover no problem. :like: When I ask for another photo op he says he doesn’t have time. I spot Dan from Bastille leaving too but didn’t see anyone else from the band in the big crowd of people leaving the spot. Dan was the most important member of the band to meet anyway because he is the lead singer and Bastille started off as his solo project and evolved into a band over time. At this point everyone was gone so we left and I went to catch my bus home. All in all it was a successful trip for the most part. The only huge loss was not getting DiCaprio but I wasn’t expecting that anyway. I found out there were a couple fans who got photos with DiCaprio earlier… one at the spot I arrived late at. That fan had left by the time I got to the spot. Hopefully one day I will be as lucky.

Me and actor Michael Cera

Me and actor Lukas Haas

Me and actress Annie Potts

Me and Dan Smith, lead singer of Bastille

Me and actress Rebecca Hall

Me and actor Jake Epstein

Me and comedian Kevin Nealon

Me and actor Matthew James Thomas

Jonah Hill signed blu ray

Dan Smith signed Bastille CD

Rebecca Hall signed blu ray cover

Annie Potts signed Ghostbusters DVD

Kevin Nealon signed book

Jake Epstein signed DVD

Jake Epstein signed DVD cover

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Re: Michael Cera, Jonah Hill, Lukas Haas and more in NYC

Post by oldschoolwwwf » January 27th, 2014, 1:53 pm

good stuff but the winter is a shitty time to mark out....those women with their hats on, i couldnt tell who they are..you should stick to non frigid temperature meets..

Joresky

Post by Joresky » January 27th, 2014, 1:57 pm

I do prefer warmer conditions but some of these names won't be around when the weather gets warmer so it is what it is I suppose

class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 » January 27th, 2014, 8:12 pm

Shocked Annie Potts was so evasive she was super duper nice when I got her in 2009
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 28th, 2014, 9:10 am

Cool gets with Epstein & Cera. :like:

mishedout
Full Fledged Mark

Post by mishedout » January 28th, 2014, 9:26 am

Hass is a super awesome meet.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » February 8th, 2020, 10:35 pm

Bump for restored photos. 6 years later, Cera has become basically impossible/hermit.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com