The Recently Watched Movie Thread

Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Re: The Recently Watched Movie Thread

Post by yosemitechris » October 18th, 2019, 7:18 pm

saw a few new movies this week,

ANNABELLE COMES HOME- pretty much the story of when the warrens first get the annabelle doll and bring it home to their museum. not sure if it said it was based on true event , but they do say strange thing do happen when that doll is around. lots of spooky action!

TOY STORY 4 - same great fun as the other with a new story and new friends. i myself didnt think it was the best movie but fun.

YESTERDAY- when the world forgets the beatles, one man remembers and uses the songs as his own, great music , fun movie!

GODFATHER- rewatched the godfather after prob 10 years and forgot how great that movie was!

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » November 18th, 2019, 7:21 pm

caughte The Jackal the other day, liked it in 1997, and I think it still holds up

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » November 29th, 2019, 7:53 pm

THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON- very nice heart warming movie about living your dream & not looking down on people just because they disabled or different. fun movie + we see jake the snake & mick foley
A+

DOCTOR SLEEP- great follow up to the mega hit shinning, overall a good movie. some flash back stuff from shinning and some new additions to the story!
B-

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 18th, 2019, 12:37 am

Finally got around to watching the Deadwood Movie via HBO. It's amazing, what a terrific ending/return for one of my favorite series of all-time!!! To quote Al Swearengen, you cock-suckers had all better go walk the fucking thing post haste!!!!!!!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 5th, 2020, 1:30 am

Finally saw The Irishman. Definitely long, but very good. I don't know how it stacks up with other classics of the genre, but it was great and easily the best Pacino and De Niro performances for the past 20 years.