The Recently Watched Movie Thread

Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Re: The Recently Watched Movie Thread

Post by yosemitechris » October 18th, 2019, 7:18 pm

saw a few new movies this week,

ANNABELLE COMES HOME- pretty much the story of when the warrens first get the annabelle doll and bring it home to their museum. not sure if it said it was based on true event , but they do say strange thing do happen when that doll is around. lots of spooky action!

TOY STORY 4 - same great fun as the other with a new story and new friends. i myself didnt think it was the best movie but fun.

YESTERDAY- when the world forgets the beatles, one man remembers and uses the songs as his own, great music , fun movie!

GODFATHER- rewatched the godfather after prob 10 years and forgot how great that movie was!

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » November 18th, 2019, 7:21 pm

caughte The Jackal the other day, liked it in 1997, and I think it still holds up

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » November 29th, 2019, 7:53 pm

THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON- very nice heart warming movie about living your dream & not looking down on people just because they disabled or different. fun movie + we see jake the snake & mick foley
A+

DOCTOR SLEEP- great follow up to the mega hit shinning, overall a good movie. some flash back stuff from shinning and some new additions to the story!
B-

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 18th, 2019, 12:37 am

Finally got around to watching the Deadwood Movie via HBO. It's amazing, what a terrific ending/return for one of my favorite series of all-time!!! To quote Al Swearengen, you cock-suckers had all better go walk the fucking thing post haste!!!!!!!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 5th, 2020, 1:30 am

Finally saw The Irishman. Definitely long, but very good. I don't know how it stacks up with other classics of the genre, but it was great and easily the best Pacino and De Niro performances for the past 20 years.

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » January 29th, 2020, 2:20 pm

THE LIGHTHOUSE- great black and white film about two lighthouse keepers going crazy on a island, while trying to do their job and keep the lighthouse working. william dafoe, is great in the movie. B+

RAMBO last blood- pretty much the same as all the other movie, but now he's back in the usa, fighting mexican drug lords. some great traps and fights, over all a ok movie.C+

JAY & BOB REBOOT- lots of funny one liners and pot jokes, lots of cameos from other movies, lot funnier than i thought it would be. B-

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » February 14th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Saw 3 amazing movies:
Good Boys- Hillarious, an updated Superbad
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood...cannot say enough good things about the film. Loved it from start to finish
JoJo Rabbit- didnt think much of it by the trailers, watched it, and immediately got lost in the story. Fantastic.

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » February 15th, 2020, 6:45 pm

I just got finished with the Fanatic movie with John Travolta. It was a little over the top but most movies are now with the violence and subject matter. He did a really good job as the character. I wouldn't even recognize him if the credits didn't mention him. I do wonder how he felt with the storyline considering he's always been such a fan friendly and approachable celebrity.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » March 13th, 2020, 1:03 am

KNIVES OUT- who did it movie that remined me of the old movie clue. great cast and a good story that keep you guessing til the end.

TOY STORY 4 - entertaining next chapter in the toy story movie line, ok story & had a few fun ,funny moments but wasnt as good as some of the other movies.

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » March 13th, 2020, 9:34 am

Searching with John Cho is amazing. It is fast paced thriller about his daughter going missing and it keeps you on the edge and guessing the entire time.

Grand Isle with Kelsey Grammer and Nicholas Cage was pretty awful. I have bad luck with Cage movies. If I buy one it will be good, the next not not good, then the next will be good and so on. Cage generally plays the same characters with the same mannerisms and accent and this one is really no different but there doesn't seem to be a point to the story. I forwarded from 30 minutes to the ending which makes even less sense because I didn't watch the rest.
Kesley is great but really can't save this. If he had the most screen time things would have been better.
PM me!

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » March 13th, 2020, 11:38 am

Soon enough this is going to be the most popular thread on the board

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » March 13th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Trauma Center is another edge of the seat type movie. It has Bruce Willis in second billing to Nicky Whelan and that's pretty accurate because Nicky is the star of the show with most scenes going to her even though Bruce is most famous. Bruce still plays a prominent role in helping her through solving a murder case outside the hospital. I really enjoy lesser known movies with stars known for bigger projects. Tito Ortiz also plays a bad guy in this movie and he's really believable.
PM me!

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » March 17th, 2020, 8:43 pm

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD-ok movie, not as much about mr. rodgers as i thought, more about mr. rodgers helping a writer with some family issue. did have some cute moments and some things from the t.v. show., but just a ok movie.

RED SON- cartoon, what if superman was raised in russia, russian superman against the world. better then i thought, good story!

GUNSMOKE- rewatching the old western gunsmoke, great western for it's time, great acting and guest apperences throughout the show.

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » March 18th, 2020, 7:58 pm

yosemitechris wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 8:43 pm
A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD-ok movie, not as much about mr. rodgers as i thought, more about mr. rodgers helping a writer with some family issue. did have some cute moments and some things from the t.v. show., but just a ok movie.
Thanks for your review. I haven't seen this movie and am really waiting for it to go on low pricing. As a kid who really liked Mr. Rogers and admires the man he was, I feel like anything less than an amazing movie does a disservice to his memory.
PM me!

capman
Marked Out King

Post by capman » March 19th, 2020, 8:48 am

Jason1980s wrote:
March 18th, 2020, 7:58 pm
yosemitechris wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 8:43 pm
Thanks for your review. I haven't seen this movie and am really waiting for it to go on low pricing. As a kid who really liked Mr. Rogers and admires the man he was, I feel like anything less than an amazing movie does a disservice to his memory.
I suggest doing yourself a favor and if you really want to see a great movie/doc about Mr. Rodgers , watch - Won't You Be My Neighbor?. Fantastic and goes over Mr. Rodgers and his life quite well.