Forum Feedback

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.
SOR
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Forum Feedback

Post by SOR » February 17th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Hmm let me give some mainly positive opinions because i got my only negatives out of my system yesterday.

I like The Coliseum i do feel it should have more leeway though, Class and CM should be able to fight in their designated thread, I know when they had their old one i simply did not visit that topic if i didnt want to read their arguing. If i did i'd go on there. I think thats the way to go rather then ban an entire dispute.

I do agree that we're all grown ups here and don't really need so many rules but do see it from the Mods perspective where they do have a number of problem posters who do fight outside The Coliseum. I think some of the tougher rules should be relaxed though.

Other then that my only real suggestion is when a major rule change happens that can lead to a strike please put a big announcement on the board for a few days-week. If y ou do this more people will be likely to read it. It can even just be a short message like "We have added a new strikeable offence" and then a URL to where the rule is. That's alot better and NOBODY could overlook rule changes unless they simply wanted too overlook them.

Other then those minor gripes you guys do a good job with this site.
Aware

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » February 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm

SOR....I do not want the Class/CM feud thread. I dont need it. I dont want it back.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » February 17th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Don't worry CM, the fight thread or fight in general will never return.

As for the rules being lessened, I too would love to do that. We are just searching a common ground, a happy medium if you will. I hope we can loosen some rules and get this place going in a more efficient way. As of now, we just have to get stuff in order before we start loosening the reins.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » February 17th, 2012, 11:34 pm

WOODMO wrote:Don't worry CM, the fight thread or fight in general will never return.

As for the rules being lessened, I too would love to do that. We are just searching a common ground, a happy medium if you will. I hope we can loosen some rules and get this place going in a more efficient way. As of now, we just have to get stuff in order before we start loosening the reins.
I dont see there being a way to do it as "certain" members deliberately try and start problems.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » February 17th, 2012, 11:36 pm

I mean more the playing mods, flaming, etc. The Class/CM rules will never be loosened.

mishedout
Marking Out Amateur

Post by mishedout » August 6th, 2012, 10:06 am

I would love to be able to at least have a cross off feature ( unless I don't see it ) so that if we list items in the market place we don't have to keep writing a post about what was taken off which would be at the bottom vs the top

wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair » August 6th, 2012, 11:01 am

Thanks! I added bbcode "s" to handle this. It's in the full posting menu. It looks like this.

mishedout
Marking Out Amateur

Post by mishedout » August 6th, 2012, 11:32 am

Code: Select all

s
like this

mishedout
Marking Out Amateur

Post by mishedout » August 6th, 2012, 11:33 am

ha ha as you can see I have no idea what I am doing

wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair » August 6th, 2012, 11:38 am

Code: Select all

[s] your text here[/s]

jwill55nets
Marked Out Pro

Post by jwill55nets » January 16th, 2013, 1:35 pm

The photo resizer is giving me issues again. Please see this thread http://forum.markedout.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=180790, it is making some of the photos way bigger than they should be..not sure whats going on there.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » March 18th, 2013, 6:40 pm

Bump, any improvements youd like to see?

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » August 31st, 2013, 10:42 am

lanza218 wrote:Bump, any improvements youd like to see?
Takes nearly 3 weeks to update main page. Main update always features a MOD despite there being better meets in that time frame. Not all reports posted to main page.

Just some recent observations
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 31st, 2013, 12:27 pm

djknightrida wrote:
lanza218 wrote:Bump, any improvements youd like to see?
Takes nearly 3 weeks to update main page. Main update always features a MOD despite there being better meets in that time frame. Not all reports posted to main page.

Just some recent observations
To my knowledge, every single report is put on the main page. If I miss any, it is human error. I attempt to go through the reports and put them all up. Feel free to alert me if I ever overlook a report.

What do you mean the update features a mod? We have a moving slideshow that shows a photo from every new report. We have about 20 photos on the slideshow, with about 90% of them being non mods. The order of the photos just goes by the order of reports I upload. They are in no way ordered by importance or impressiveness. In fact, prior to yesterday's update I believe CM had the #1 spot.

The frequency of the updates I agree with, but sadly I don't always find the time to spend over an hour transferring all the reports over. I try to keep up with it, but all I need is a few days of being busy, before the job requires over an hour like I spent on it yesterday morning, which I don't always have.

Definitely keep the suggestions coming though, and I will attempt to be more timely on the main page updates, but with classes resuming next week, I doubt I am much better.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » August 31st, 2013, 1:03 pm

WOODMO wrote: To my knowledge, every single report is put on the main page. If I miss any, it is human error. I attempt to go through the reports and put them all up. Feel free to alert me if I ever overlook a report.

What do you mean the update features a mod? We have a moving slideshow that shows a photo from every new report. We have about 20 photos on the slideshow, with about 90% of them being non mods. The order of the photos just goes by the order of reports I upload. They are in no way ordered by importance or impressiveness. In fact, prior to yesterday's update I believe CM had the #1 spot.

The frequency of the updates I agree with, but sadly I don't always find the time to spend over an hour transferring all the reports over. I try to keep up with it, but all I need is a few days of being busy, before the job requires over an hour like I spent on it yesterday morning, which I don't always have.

Definitely keep the suggestions coming though, and I will attempt to be more timely on the main page updates, but with classes resuming next week, I doubt I am much better.
I get human error, it happens. Just trying to help your site. There were a few reports missed from the recent main page update. There have been a few times where yourself or lanza haven't been the first image seen on the main page. I'd say at least 80-90% of the time though, that's the case. As I said, just an observation. I could personally care less whose mug I see when I load up the page. Rarely use the site on a PC where the slideshow works as it should. With my phone I usually only get the first or two image before the forum loads.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj: