WrestleCon 2020- April 3-4, 2020- Tampa, FL

This is the place to discuss Conventions
Bobby
Full Fledged Mark

Re: WrestleCon 2020- April 3-4, 2020- Tampa, FL

Post by Bobby » January 14th, 2020, 11:27 am

They hope to announce one of the headliners next week... I seen Jon Moxley has been announced for Bloodsport so he could be one of them.

Also, they added Shingo Takagi to the supercard, hopefully he’s at the convention as well 😁

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 14th, 2020, 11:28 am

Shingo is a really good add.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

zuko3984
Learning To Mark Out

Post by zuko3984 » January 27th, 2020, 3:13 am

Chris Jericho added. Saturday only.
$75 Digital Pro Photo
$95 Digital and printed photo op.
$100 for 2 autographs.
I wish they were selling just a single autograph. Don't need two autographs. And they make a point of saying the autographs can't be split. One person in line has to get both autographs. Probably go for the Photo op only.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 27th, 2020, 2:26 pm

Van Hammer was pulled after he was arrested for a DUI and hitting a 5-year-old on a bike
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » February 7th, 2020, 5:21 pm

Kenny Omega added

crossfire
Marked Out Pro

Post by crossfire » February 14th, 2020, 3:44 am

Sammy Guevara And Darby Allin cancelled by AEW

Bobby Fulton cancelled.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » February 14th, 2020, 7:11 am

crossfire wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 3:44 am

Bobby Fulton cancelled.
Why would AEW cancel them, but allow Jericho and Omega to do the con? Is AEW even doing anything that weekend? If not, that makes no sense to cancel them!

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » February 14th, 2020, 8:53 am

Anthony18 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 7:11 am
crossfire wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 3:44 am

Bobby Fulton cancelled.
Why would AEW cancel them, but allow Jericho and Omega to do the con? Is AEW even doing anything that weekend? If not, that makes no sense to cancel them!
Maybe they were supposed to work one of the Indy shows & AEW pulled them so they couldn’t?

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » February 18th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Here's a link to the WrestleCon Talent 2020 spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... Xn/pubhtml

It contains Talent, Vendor, Signing Days/Times, Prices, and Pre-Order link (if applicable).

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » February 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm

My wishlist:

Bandido
Cinta de Oro
Juice Robinson
Kenny Omega
Kris Statlander
Orange Cassidy
PCO
PN News
Shingo Takagi
Teal Piper ($30 Combo is hefty though)
Zoe Lucas (See Teal Piper)

---

I will say this: I thought that NJPW handled their guys terribly last year. I thought it was the only sour point of WrestleCon.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » February 18th, 2020, 11:38 pm

ICW wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm

I will say this: I thought that NJPW handled their guys terribly last year. I thought it was the only sour point of WrestleCon.
I didn't go to WrestleCon last year, but during Mania week, NJPW handled their guys terribly (namely, not allowing most talent to sign fan's own items, even for high-priced tickets) at their OWN M&G event. I'm a fan of the company, but NJPW *really* needs to look into making meeting their wrestlers into a more fan-friendly event. When they sent talent to ROH for M&Gs, everything was fine and handled in a normal fashion, but every time I've been to an event where NJPW takes a hands-on approach at the M&G, it's run badly.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » February 19th, 2020, 9:46 am

Darby Allin and Sammy Guevara were two AEW talents scheduled for WrestleCon during WrestleMania weekend in Tampa, FL, but were pulled from the event by AEW last week. We now have those reasons why.

According to Jeremy Lambert of Fightful, AEW pulled Allin and Guevara so they could appear at the Greater Philadelphia Comic Con, which is going down during the same weekend as WrestleMania. Despite their names still being on the guests page of the website, WrestleCon has confirmed that the two have indeed been pulled from the event and were not contacted directly by AEW regarding their removal and have not been offered replacement talents.

As for other talent, Chris Jericho and Kenny Omega both are booked through Barry Bloom Talent Agency and according to Fightful that supersedes AEW so that’s why they are advertised to appear. Jon Moxley was also booked separately through PrimeTime appearance. Other talent on the schedule such as Kris Statlander, Orange Cassidy and Nyla Rose were all cleared by AEW to appear at WrestleCon.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » February 19th, 2020, 9:59 am

AJLe wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 11:38 pm
ICW wrote:

I didn't go to WrestleCon last year, but during Mania week, NJPW handled their guys terribly (namely, not allowing most talent to sign fan's own items, even for high-priced tickets) at their OWN M&G event. I'm a fan of the company, but NJPW *really* needs to look into making meeting their wrestlers into a more fan-friendly event. When they sent talent to ROH for M&Gs, everything was fine and handled in a normal fashion, but every time I've been to an event where NJPW takes a hands-on approach at the M&G, it's run badly.
It's beyond ridiculous.

The WrestleCon situation was a little different. They did make it very clear that most of the talent would be appearing at their tables for a very limited time (I think they had a 15-30 minute window before the show). They couldn't guarantee anyone of meeting Suzuki or Tanahashi aside from their pro photo ops. I really wanted to meet Suzuki so I purchased his pro op and would try to get it autographed (time permitting).

I head down to the Rhinelander and the line just to purchase tickets is MASSIVE. They had stacks of 8x10s of the various wrestlers and those were essentially your "ticket" to meet them. They then told people that they were going to sell combo tickets only, which pissed off a lot of people. The guy running it was such a dick, too.

But I managed to work something out towards the end of the signing, so it ended well for me but a lot of people were upset at the organization and the sudden "combo only" pricing

Silpheed

Post by Silpheed » February 19th, 2020, 12:27 pm

ICW wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 9:59 am
AJLe wrote:
ICW wrote:

It's beyond ridiculous.

The WrestleCon situation was a little different. They did make it very clear that most of the talent would be appearing at their tables for a very limited time (I think they had a 15-30 minute window before the show). They couldn't guarantee anyone of meeting Suzuki or Tanahashi aside from their pro photo ops. I really wanted to meet Suzuki so I purchased his pro op and would try to get it autographed (time permitting).

I head down to the Rhinelander and the line just to purchase tickets is MASSIVE. They had stacks of 8x10s of the various wrestlers and those were essentially your "ticket" to meet them. They then told people that they were going to sell combo tickets only, which pissed off a lot of people. The guy running it was such a dick, too.

But I managed to work something out towards the end of the signing, so it ended well for me but a lot of people were upset at the organization and the sudden "combo only" pricing
I remember trying to find information about where and when they would be signing and no one had any ideas. Someone said that they thought it was going to be at the Rhinelander. A few of us waited around an hour, just starting our own line , hoping we were in the right place. The organizers forgot to set up tables and were scattering to set up at the last minute.

The forced combos were kinda garbage, but I got to meet Tanahashi.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » February 19th, 2020, 1:37 pm

Silpheed wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 12:27 pm
ICW wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 9:59 am
AJLe wrote:
ICW wrote:

It's beyond ridiculous.

I remember trying to find information about where and when they would be signing and no one had any ideas. Someone said that they thought it was going to be at the Rhinelander. A few of us waited around an hour, just starting our own line , hoping we were in the right place. The organizers forgot to set up tables and were scattering to set up at the last minute.

The forced combos were kinda garbage, but I got to meet Tanahashi.
Yeah it was insane. Glad you met Tanahashi though! He's awesome/

One hilarious note: this guy went up to Suzuki and was like, "YOU ARE SCARY!" and Suzuki just stared at him with this blank stare.