2020 Pandemic Pieces

Let your voice be heard! Nominations are now open for the 2019 Year End Awards!
lanza218
Site Admin

2020 Pandemic Pieces

Post by lanza218 » December 15th, 2020, 11:16 pm

Since 2020 barely gave us any award materials, I figured I would start this thread to show off any autograph pieces you got during the year, and maybe write a litle something on how it was obtained

Image20201210_234948 by Joe Lanza, on Flickr

Obtained from Highspots

Image20201210_234553 by Joe Lanza, on Flickr

Purchased from her Etsy store

ImageIMG_5837 by Joe Lanza, on Flickr

Paul actually sent me this and another photo for my bday back in Feb

Image20200818_154957 by Joe Lanza, on Flickr

and finally got around to putting some of my loose figs up

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: 2020 Pandemic Pieces

Post by WOODMO » December 16th, 2020, 7:40 pm

Great thread.

This pandemic I did a lot of buying, selling, and even selling stuff I bought during the pandemic itself. I made a few really nice flips on pieces I saw for a great price but didn't necessarily love. These pieces though I do love and plan on keeping. Here is a small look at some of my favorites.

Horseman 11x17 from Highspots. This is limited to under 100 made in this color.

Rock signed VHS tape. I bought this from an NYC collector I know of and trust that met Rock at least 10 times. I met him twice but only had one subpar auto, so I wanted this.

Taker & Bearer magazine I got from an ex board member. I had my eye on it for a while and I finally made him an offer.

HBK/Hart signed magazine I picked up from Bud Carson.

Old school Magazine I planned on selling, but then decided to just send down to the Beach Shop.

eBay pick up. This has ever so minor damage, which allowed me to grab this Flair & Hogan piece for $66, a fraction of the actual cost, with a Cert from the reputable company that had this signing.

Facebook find, not even sure how I discovered. This was tucked away in a listing for an unsigned program. The seller wanted $20 for this signed Axxess exclusive 11x17 of Austin.

Another Facebook pick up from an ex board member. Offered $30 on this piece signed by all 3, and he took it. Less than the price of one autograph at a convention

eBay pickup. Rumble 92 program signed by Piper, which I will soon add Flair to.

Highspots Black Friday sale. Love the inscription. Good luck getting Rid to do full sentences at a public.

Another magazine pickup from Bud Carson.

Was not remotely in the market for a full sized ppv poster from the mid 2010s, but then I saw this one signed by Reigns, Orton, Rollins, Ambrose, and Nicki Bella all signed in gold and I couldn't resist at the price, which I think was a steal at $100 shipped with JSA cert. Love the way it looks in person. Definitely holding onto this one.

Facebook market place pickup. Came with exact picture proof.

Highspots sale item, always wanted dual signed by these two.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 16th, 2020, 7:41 pm

I will post more wrestling at some point, and some celebrity pick ups.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 21st, 2020, 8:03 pm

Unfortunately several of my items are either still in the mail, or the signing(s) were delayed for now.

Garfield was one of my favorite comic strips/cartoons growing up, and still living creator Jim Davis stopped TTM signing a year ago maybe. I actually HAVE a TTM from him, I wrote to him in grade school. Our teacher gave us a choice of several "famous people" to write letters to. Not even asking for anything back, although that was the obvious goal. I think other choices were like the Governor, and I'm going to guess Debbie Gibson or the President, lol, barely remember. I gladly picked Jim Davis, and to my good fortune, he regularly responded with a personalized typed letter signed and another pre-printed sketch page which he also signed! Anyway, I saw this Garfield at 25 book on eBarf for $25 and pounced! It's dust jacket is beat up, I have to get another copy to swap them. They sold a much fancier hardcover version that was the signature edition, ppl get a lot more money for those. Rare to see this standard retail version signed.

My personal TTM from Davis while in Fourth Grade, ha ha

Technically a free TTM but I did purchase the comic and vintage ALF magazine from eBay. Creator/voice/puppeteer Paul Fusco signed them!

eBay buy from a seller north of the border, whose store is full of hysterically bad fake photos. That might make such a buy foolish, but a) I know Trek signatures like the back of my hand b) it's on a 1975 vintage comic (45 record missing) with a small hole punched in the price c) price itself wasn't too bad, particularly for multiple TOS cast members. Worth the "gamble" in my book.

Plucked off the FB sale of a prominent NY Autograph Dealer, who happens to be a friend. Figured Johnny Depp might become a recluse soon!

Last but not least, been picking up some Dale Earnhardt Sr. stuff lately. He autograph was forged nonsensically for years, so I try to be very careful what I go for. In one case, the seller via a FB group was parting with his deceased aunt's collection. The signatures were good and she had proof shots too for a few.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Cozmik
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Cozmik » January 4th, 2021, 6:11 pm

Early in 2020, it was announced that Funko Pops for Star Trek: Discovery characters, Michael Burman and Saru were coming out sometime that year. In July, Coolwater Productions announced they would be doing exclusive signing of the Saru Pop by Doug Jones. I met Doug before so I was fine getting a signed one one from a service. So I placed my order. Actually, I placed 2 orders but I'll skip the details why. Well when they pops came out in July they were unable to obtain enough supply and they moved their delivery date to the fall. When they got their shipment in, Doug was in Toronto shooting season 4 of Discovery and they and Doug decided not to risk loss and damage by shipping them there and back. So Doug was scheduled to sign them on his Christmas break. At the end of December they sent an email with a video of Doug signing the Pops all including his signature, character name, a drawing of a Vulcan salute and the phrase "Does Not Contain Real Kelpien Meat" on the side (except for one that he made a mistake starting writing "Don't" instead of "Does Not" and changed it to "Don't Eat Real Kelpien Meat").

Today my pops arrived.
The front:
The side:

Oh yeah that unique one that he did a variation on the side...guess who got that one?